Did you know that the best natural skin exfoliants could be found right in your kitchen?
Exfoliation is the cosmetic practice of removing dead skin cells from the epidermis, the top layer of the skin. Your skin can shed approximately 30,000 dead cells per minute naturally; however, many people need exfoliation products to help reduce acne and get smooth skin. That’s why women around the world are spending money on cosmetic products to maintain radiant skin. While over the counter and ready to use skin exfoliation products are available in every shopping store, there are many natural beauty product recipes that you can make at home, and your kitchen contains all the ingredients you’ll need.
Sugar grains are naturally small and rough, which make them perfect for scrubbing skin cells. When added with oil, such (grapeseed or olive oil), sugar is a great exfoliant. Sugar is also full of glycolic acid, which helps to naturally break down dead skin cells and decrease fine lines.
Here’s a DIY Guide for your homemade sugar exfoliants:
YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- 1 ½ tbs Olive oil (almond and grape seed oil are food good alternatives)
- 1 tbs Baking soda
- 3 tbs Brown Sugar
- 3 tbs Cane Sugar
- 1 tbs Sea salt
- 2 drops of Vanilla extract or essential oils
- A bowl and spoon for mixing
- A clean plastic bag or jar for storage
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURE
- Mix the main ingredients: Sugar. In your bowl add 3 spoonful of white cane sugar. Then add 3 more spoonful of brown sugar.
- Add the salt – this is one of the essential ingredients in most bath scrubs.
- Add a spoonful of baking soda to make your skin amazingly soft.
- Then, mix the ingredients until all lumps are gone and it is smooth and in unified color.
- Add a spoonful of oil and stir it in. Add the remaining 1/2 spoonful of oil and mix until the oil is spread out evenly.
- Add about two drops of vanilla extract. You can replace the extract with cinnamon or any essential oils depending on your preference for the scent.
- Spoon your ready-to-use scrub into a plastic bag or jar carefully.
There you have it! You can use this homemade sugar scrub to prevent acne, whiteheads, blackheads, breakouts and other skin blemishes. It is tough on cleansing the skin while keeping its natural moisture. It removes excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells that clog the pores without drying the skin. Your homemade sugar scrub softens even the toughest skin. You may use this also for foot scrub to help reduce problems with your feet, such as calloused and cracked heels. It is gentle yet abrasive enough to assist in removing callouses on the heels and soles of the feet. It moisturizes the heels to keep them soft and smooth. It also whitens dark knees and elbows. Regular exfoliation using homemade sugar scrub improves skin regeneration to whiten and soften knees and elbows.
The best news is, this homemade exfoilants are all-natural, so you don’t need to buy any harmful, expensive products such as the ones with microbeads. Microbeads aren’t only rough on skin, but also terrible for the environment. The small plastic beads in these products aren’t filtered out by water treatment plants and are being washed right back into our water supply, often with harmful results for marine life.
By making your own homemade beauty tricks with ingredients that you already have on hand, you can have your face and body shining and refreshed in no time while saving the environment.