There comes a day in our lives that we encounter that dreadful zit that will leave its mark on our skin and will haunt us constantly or that one morning where you stare into the mirror and found yourself horrified to see that there are unwanted spots in a specific area of our face or our bodies.
When that happens we feel cornered and helpless that we immediately look for solutions online, in our local market or the drugstore. Of course, no two skins are the same some regiments may work, others may not and those products that we buy can either help us or make it worse. Wouldn’t it be better if we know that what we apply on our skin is natural? Luckily, it is a known fact that certain items we use most of the time can be used to help prevent or improve those common skin problems. Below is a list of natural ingredients you can use on a daily basis.
- Apple cider vinegar– diluted in water you can directly apply it on your acne. You can also take it orally mixed into honey and water. Apple cider vinegar balances out the PH of your skin and help prevent breakouts.
- Ice- for those who have that red pimple, ice can reduce the swelling and inflammation. Wrap some ice into a clean cloth and place it directly into the infected area, hold for a few seconds and take it off, repeat as needed.
- Lemon– a fruit rich in vitamin C, the juice of a lemon dries pimples faster. Use a clean cotton swab, dip it into the lemon juice and apply directly to the pimples. Lemons can also be used to treat dark spots.
- Garlic– known for being an antifungal and antiseptic agent, garlic fastens the treatment of pimples. Cut a garlic clove in half and rub it gently into the pimple. Leave it for about 3-5 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. You may repeat this method several times in a day.
- Honey-either taken orally, directly applied to our skin or made into honey masks. Honey is good for our skin. It is a natural antiseptic that makes our skin healthier and prevents breakouts.
- Onion– never mind the smell, onions are highly acidic that can help fade our dark spots. Blend or juice that onion and with a cotton swab apply it directly on the spot. Leave it for about 10-15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water. After this, you can use any cleanser you use.
- Yogurt– used to lighten our skin. Apply plain yogurt to your skin, leave it for a few minutes and rinse with lukewarm water. Do this once daily.
- Papaya– eaten as a fruit or using the skin of the papaya on our face is a beauty regiment that can help lighten your skin. Rub the inner part of the papaya skin in your face. Let it dry and rinse off. You may do this daily to help give your skin that glowing and smooth look.
- Cucumber– slice cucumber and apply directly to those dark spots, leave them on for a few minutes and rinse off. You may do this 1-2 times in a day. Cucumbers bind collagen and make your skin firm and supple. It is suitable for all skin types.
The list seen is just a few natural items you may use to help treat common skin problems. Those ingredients can also be combined with other items to treat more problems. Skin problems shouldn’t linger with us for a long time it is time to say goodbye to all the horrors and welcome your new and healthy skin.