You don’t have to drink plain water. Actually, there are a number of things that you can add to your water that will not only boost the taste, they will help to flush those harmful toxins out of your body.
Detox waters have become very popular and there are many different recipes that you can make. They contain ingredients like lemon which helps to flush harmful toxins from your body, mint which aids in digestion, cucumber which contains anti-inflammatory properties and ginger which is a natural pain reliever and aids in digestion.
Whether you’re trying to lose weight or you simply want to look and feel healthier, one of the best ways to rid your body of harmful toxins is to drink water. Just 6 to 8 glasses every day will help to keep you hydrated and keep your vital organs in their best possible health.
You will need the following:
- Lemon – is great for boosting your immune system and cleaning out harmful toxins.
- Cucumber – is an anti-inflammatory and helps you to stay hydrated.
- Mint – sweetens your drink without adding sugar and aids in digestion.
Simply mix about eight cups of water with a medium cucumber (wedged or sliced), a whole lemon (wedged or sliced) and about ten mint leaves (or however many you prefer). Mix in a large pitcher and allow it to steep in the fridge overnight.
This is a really tasty drink and one that offers many wonderful detoxing benefits.
- Cleanses and revitalizes the urinary tract. Since lemon juice is a natural diuretic, making a daily habit of drinking it ensures that you have a cleaner (and more functional) urinary tract. In the long run, this would also have cumulative detoxing effects since the body disposes waste materials through urine. Flushing out liquid waste at a much faster rate reduces the risk of accumulating bacteria in the body, thus preventing a number of diseases such as urinary tract infection and many others.
- Detoxifies the liver. Drinking lemon-cucumber water daily ensures the increased production of bile, which is a substance necessary for digestion. Conversely, lemon juice also controls the flow of excess bile, ensuring that it does not damage the digestive tract, particularly the stomach.
- Promotes fresher breath. Many people battle with bad breath which can be incredibly embarrassing especially when in public or with the opposite sex. Lemon is one of the most effective disinfectants and helps freshen your breath.
- Ensures balanced pH levels in the body. Most people assume that lemons are highly acidic, when in fact they have incredible alkalizing properties.
- Improves digestive function. It helps in keeping the digestive system on tract, which allows food to be digested properly (and more quickly). This is highly beneficial to those who often suffer from indigestion, bloating, and heartburn, all of which can be painful and inconvenient.
- Strengthened immune system. It aids in keeping the immune system alert and strong against malaldies such as common colds and the flu. It also allows the body to absorb more iron, which is a necessary nutrient for keeping the immune system working at its best. The adage “prevention is better than cure” could not be more true in this case because people can very well avoid these types of ailments if they take better care of their health.
- Promotes skin repair. One of the little known benefits is its anti-aging properties. The acid from the lemon juice contain concentrated levels of antioxidants, which help flush out toxins and free radicals from the body. The process of detoxing allows proper cell regeneration, which then manifests by way of glowing and younger looking skin. Vitamin C also promotes the production of collagen, which is a type of protein that is responsible for the skin’s elasticity.
- Promotes faster healing and regeneration. Vitamin C happens to be one of the most important components in cell regeneration, which is a necessary step in keeping the body healthy. A healthy supply of vitamin C ensures stronger bones and teeth, healthier skin, better eyesight, and better joints. The body heals itself on a daily basis (during REM sleep), but it can always use the extra boost, especially for people advancing in years.
- Effectively curbs appetite. For people who are desperately trying to lose weight but are often overcome by nagging cravings and urges to binge, the daily lemon –cucumber water routine is a great trick to use. Not many people are aware that lemon juice works well in terms of curbing a person’s appetite, thereby allowing him/her to effectively lose weight.
- Improved overall health and wellbeing. It brings countless health benefits, such as lowered cholesterol levels, normalized blood pressure, reduced blood sugar level, and improved blood flow