Often neglected yet often seen. Our elbows and knees are ever visible yet somehow most of us finds it difficult to improve. Ask anyone, the elbows and the knees are often darker than our skin tone, maybe because we tend to use it in a not so glamorous way yet we tend to overlook that you need to take extra care of it. If you are one of those who wants to lighten that dark areas, read our natural ways to help you beautify the elbows and knees.
- The all around baking soda. Yes, its at it again, baking soda can also be used to help you lighten your elbows and knees. Mix equal amounts of baking soda and milk, mix and form a paste like substance and apply it to your elbows and knees, scrub it and rinse. Repeat every two days until you you see the difference.
- The kitchen ingredient, sugar and olive oil. Mix equal amounts or sugar and olive oil and form into a paste. This mixture acts like an exfoliator. Scrub into your knees and elbows for about five minutes and wash with soap and water.
- The staples, honey and lemon. Squeeze and take the juice of one lemon and combine it with one tablespoon of honey. Apply on your knees and elbow and let it stay on for about 20 minutes, then rinse.
- The contrast of vinegar and yogurt. When mixed together, it can cleanse,moisture and lighten the skin. Apply the said mixture to your elbows and knees and leave it to dry. Once dried, rub the are for about two minutes and rinse off.
- The Oil and the juice. Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with a half teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Rub into your elbows and knees and leave it for 15-20 minutes. This mixture is a natural whitening solution and coconut oil sooths and hydrates the skin.
- The Butters. We often see cocoa butter and shea butter in labels of lotions, moisturizes and the like this is because of it’s ability to make the skin softer and its capability to remove darkness that is caused by dry and flaky skin. Applying cocoa butter or shea butter every night is recommendable.
- A single ingredient. The Olive oil has natural properties that softens rough skin and is a remedy for dark skin that is caused by friction. By rubbing olive oil,your knees and elbows can smoothen out and lighten. Rub olive oul everyday for 10 minutes.
- Flour and Lime. Combine gram flour and lime and apply the mixture to your knees and elbows, allow it to dry and wash off. The flour cleanses the area and acts as an exfoliator while lime is a natural bleace that reduces darkness.
The above tips are just some of the natural and easy ways to lighten your knees and elbows. The important thing is to take extra care of your body parts and always be aware of its appearance. What are you waiting for? Check your pantry and try some natural remedies!