In the trendy universe of coffee, there are so much choices and offerings to date and coffee lovers, fanatics and drinkers are filled with so much options that drinking coffee is no longer a ritual of sorts but an experience in itself. In the market, ways to prepare coffee are vast and the types of it are too many to count. But there is this one type of coffee that caught a lot of coffee drinkers attention, not only because of its name but also it’s content and the way it is prepared. This coffee is called the “Bulletproof Coffee”
Bulletproof coffee was the creation of Dave Asprey who after travelling to Tibet and tasting different yak-butter tea drinks experimented on drinks with butter thus concocting his own buttered coffee drink.
When you say bulletproof coffee, it is a brand in itself. It consists of an upgraded type of black coffee blended with grass fed butter and Brain octane oil, which has an 8 carbon fraction of medium chain triglyceride oil. Asprey has stated that drinking bulletproof coffee can boost ones cognitive performance and can inhibit weight loss. At first, the bulletproof coffee was popular with athletes and people who are into sports but as the popularity increased so is the market.
Below are some of the good things about drinking bulletproof coffee:
- Grass fed butter contains the right fats that can help regulate cholesterol. It also has the best ration of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids and it is a good source of Vitamin K, A, D, E and antioxidants. You can determine if the butter you are buying is grass fed butter when the color is sunny yellow.
- Adding grass fed butter to your coffee provides healthy fats for both your brain and your body. Grass fed butter is also high in butyrate, a short chain fatty acid that can prevent and decrease inflammation.
- Drinking bulletproof coffee puts your body into a state wherein you can burn fat all day.
- Bulletproof coffee can give you energy all day.
- This can be a quick alternative for people on the move since it can provide the body with essential fats and calories.
- You won’ t be feeling any caffeine drop crash
- Your ability to focus on work is increased
- Lessens your sugar and caffeine cravings.
Here is how you can make yourself a cup of Bulletproof Coffee
- Boil 1 cup filtered water.
- Use the water to brew strong black coffee from 2 1/2 heaping Tbsp of freshly ground coffee beans.
- Add 1 tsp MCT oil (you can work up to 1 to 2 Tbsp over several days).
- Add 1 Tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee (you can work up to 2 or more Tbsp over several days).
- Mix in a blender for at least 20 seconds, until it’s creamy and no oil sits on the surface.