Lemon is a very versatile and useful fruit. What makes this fruit better is it is not only used for consumption, it is also used to improve our skin
We all look for ways most especially natural ways to not only look good but also to be healthy. One of the most sought after fruit and has been proven to have many uses that can benefit the body and the skin is the small and yellow fruit called the Lemon.
Lemon is part of the citrus family and is used in different food and drink varieties. Its uses not only consist of the juice or the inside but also the skin itself. That is why it is a very versatile and useful fruit. What makes this fruit better is it is not only used for consumption, it is also used to improve our skin. How you ask? The facts are below.
- Lemon can lighten and fade age spots. Applying a sliced lemon straight on the areas you would like to be improved on before bed time and washing it off in the morning with cold water. If you want to use it for your whole body, just add the ½ cup of lemon juice to your bath and soak in it for at least 20 minutes. Rinse off.
- To make your skin brighter, fade dark areas and have softer skin, rubbing lemon juice on a specific part can help you achieve it. Since Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and citric acid, using lemons can brighten and whiten your skin the more you use it
- Rid yourself of your blackheads by rubbing lemon juice on the area. Do it every night and rinse with cool water in the morning. Repeat the process until your blackheads disappear.
- It can be a moisturizer. Mix equal parts of honey, lemon and olive oil. Apply on the dry areas of your skin and let it dry for 10 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
- An effective exfoliator. Rub a sliced lemon dipped into a half teaspoon of sugar on your skin. Do this at least once a week. This can help remove dead skin and give you a more refreshed feeling.
- A lemon anti wrinkle mask. Mix a teaspoon of honey, a few drops of lemon juice and a drop of almond oil. Apply on your face and dry it out for 20 minutes before washing off. Although if you have sensitive skin, dilute the lemon juice with water.
- It can be your cleansing wipes. Mix a couple of drops of lemon juice, tea tree oil d 6 ounces of distilled water. Use it with a cotton ball and wipe the area you would like to clean.
The examples above are just a few ways you can use lemon for your skin but remember when trying something new, be cautious and try it out on a small part of your skin before doing it on larger areas, you may never know how one’s skin can react even on the most natural ways. If there is no allergic reactions whatsoever, then good for you and better for your skin.