The ocean has that effect wherein you feel motivated and confident. Looking into the beautiful ocean will help you think more positive thoughts and in turn it strengthens your mental health.
Tourist or even locals of the community often visit the beach mostly during summer. This is because of the weather. For you to fully enjoy the beach a good and sunny climate is needed. This is because the beach and waves are calmer and the temperature and atmosphere is most suitable. But besides from being a place to have fun and take a vacation, the beach is also known to have medicinal properties. It started off as hearsay of our elderly which they have adapted from their ancestors and what has been a sorts of saying, has been proven throughout the years. Let us breakdown the information relating to why the beach is a healthy and therapeutic source for one’s better health.
- Walking in the sand does not only feel good it is actually good for the body. When you walk in the sand the nerves in the soles of your feet are stimulated. The muscles in your feet that are not normally used in days when you are wearing shoes are active, thus the said muscles are strengthen. It also takes twice as much energy to walk on sand and because of this, you tend to burn more calories.
- The sand is a natural exfoliator for your skin. It can rub away dead skin, help develop new ones and prevent acne and other skin problems.
- The beach’s salt water contains sodium and potassium chloride that can heal dermatitis. The water also helps in moisturizing the skin.
- The sound of the waves has that calming effect and can reduce your stress levels.
- The beach is an immune booster. The reason behind this is because of several factors such as the sunlight (provides vitamin D that can prevent auto immune diseases), seawater (contains minerals and compounds that can help eliminate toxins in the body and can help you heal faster) and the waves (good for the thyroid).
- The air in the beach contains negative ions. These ions boost your immune system and balances levels of serotonin.
- When you’re at the beach you tend to do various activities that is a form of exercise such as swimming, running at the shore and doing several beach games. And when it comes to eating seafood is abundant. It is the main food product in the beach, it is fresh and served in different and delectable ways and because of this no one is exempt in eating seafood. Seafood is an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- The ocean has that effect wherein you feel motivated and confident. Looking into the beautiful ocean will help you think more positive thoughts and in turn it strengthens your mental health.
Now that you know that the beach is not only a place to have fun and unwind, appreciating it both in the beautiful nature it gives and the wonders it can help for your health, it is essential that we take care of the priceless gift of nature. When you think about it, we give so little yet it gives so much more back.