Having a regular bowel movement is certainly a good thing to have. But how do you train your body to have a regular bowel movement?
For a person to have a regular and normal bowel movement is a lucky thing to have. Not only does it indicate that your digestive system is healthy, it is also very convenient for ones daily lives. Whether you prefer to have your bowel movements in various times of the days, it all depends on your lifestyle. Although there are some instances such as the food you intake all throughout the day that may cause sudden digestive indigestions or another session with the toilet bowl. Having a regular bowel movement is certainly a good thing to have. But how do you train your body to have a regular bowel movement? And why should you achieve it? See below for the reasons why and read about some useful tips on how you can achieve the prized regularity.
The importance of having a regular bowel movement:
- Helps those with chronic constipation or has frequent loss of bowel control.
- Improves the digestive system
- It is very convenient for ones daily life
- A persons stool contains toxins that should be removed from the body on a daily basis.
- Irregular bowel movements become drier thus making it harder for a person to eliminate the stool, which can put a strain on the body.
- An incomplete bowel movement can leave toxins behind which is also a cause of bowel cancers (located at the lower part of the bowel in which the toxins mainly builds up.)
How to start training your body to have a regular bowel movement:
- Choose the time best suited for you to do your thing.
- Allot at least 20-40 minutes after eating, or if you decide on going in the morning, do it 20 minutes after eating breakfast.
- Do not pressure or strain yourself, especially if you are just starting to train your body. Give yourself around 10 to 15 minutes in the toilet. If unsuccessful, go about your daily activities, and try again the next day.
- Add some food items to your diet. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans or nuts that contains dietary fiber can help with your bowel movements plus its good for your body.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
- Cut back or limit some food items. This includes, alcohol, caffeine, dairy products, fatty or greasy foods.
- If you are still struggling, after trying for a few days, try using some items/products that can help you. A squatty pot are said to help regardless of your age or gender.
- Exercise regularly. If you feel bloated or your stomach seems to not be functioning properly, a walk can actually give you relief. By exercising, the food you intake moves to your digestive track. To have a regular exercise habit, will make your metabolism speed up which will also make your digestive system work effectively thus helping you get your bowel movement.
- Last but not the least, have enough rest. This is for you and your body. To be able for your mind and body to function normal, ample rest is crucial.