Eliminate calories and transform your entire body with this boot camp, designed exclusively for Women’s Health by trainer Laurel Blackburn.
Jog for two to three minutes to warm up, then start with the first exercise in Round 1. Do as many reps as you can in 30 seconds, rest 10 seconds, then continue until you’ve completed each exercise for 30 seconds in the order shown. Rest for a minute, then do the exercises in Round 2. Rest for another minute, then repeat the entire sequence so you’ve completed two sets of each round.
- Squats: With feet hip-width apart, bend your knees to 90 degrees, keeping your chest upright. Return to standing.
- Pushups: Place hands wider than shoulder-width apart and lower your chest to the floor.
- Bicycle Crunches: Lie on your back, hands clasped behind your neck. Bring your right elbow toward your left knee while straightening your right leg, raised six to eight inches above the floor. Alternate sides.
- Jumping Jacks: Raise your arms out to the sides and above your head; at the same time, jump up and spread your feet wide. Reverse and repeat.
- Back Extensions: Lie facedown with your arms at your sides and slowly raise your head, shoulders, and chest off the floor.
- Walking Lunges: Step forward with your right leg and bend your knees to 90 degrees. Move forward as you alternate legs.
- Squat Jumps: Do a squat, then jump as high as you can while throwing your arms up into the air, landing softly right into another squat.
- Close-Grip Pushup : Place hands side by side, thumbs touching, and lower your chest to the floor.
- Standing High-Knees: Jog in place, quickly alternating bringing your knees up toward your chest.
- Mountain Climbers: From a pushup position, quickly alternate bringing your knees toward your chest.
(NOTE: This article was originally published in womenshealthmag.com)