Breakfast is a must for all of us especially for students and working professionals. It is the most important meal of the day. Starting your morning with nutritious breakfast helps energize your body, keeping you active and productive.
Most of the time, you skip breakfast because of the horrible traffic everyday and the long lines at MRT. If you don’t have time to cook, blend up one of these healthy smoothie recipes for a great start to your day.
Check out these 5 recipes we gathered to help you start your day in a healthy way. They’re quick and easy to make, and of course, packed with nutrients healthy, and delicious, too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
This healthy smoothie will be the most delicious vegan smoothie you drank in a long time! Cacao powder, banana, peanut butter, hemp seeds, a little maple syrup and almond milk is all you need!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup canned coconut milk frozen in ice cube tray (I used light)
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender. Start with adding only 1/2 cup almond milk and add more if your blender needs the extra liquid or you like your smoothie more liquid.
Get the full recipe at: Green Healthy Cooking
Caramel Apple Overnight Oatmeal Smoothie
Take overnight oats to a whole new level with this fall-inspired caramel apple overnight oatmeal smoothie. Thick and creamy, it’s got that stick-to-your-ribs feeling of a bowl of oats that’ll keep you satisfied for hours. Vegan, gluten-free, and packed with plant-based protein and fiber, this smoothie makes a healthy and easy breakfast or snack!
- ½ cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp (7 g) chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored (~120 g)
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted (30 g)
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- The night before, add all the ingredients to the bowl of your blender and give it a stir to ensure that everything is well combined. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
- The next morning, blend until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached, adding more milk if the smoothie is too thick. Transfer back to a bowl or glass, add desired toppings, and enjoy!
Get the full recipe at: Running with Spoons
Green Protein Power Breakfast Smoothie
This green smoothie is the perfect morning pick-me-up to get the day started off right. The mix of natural sugars, vitamins, and minerals from the banana + mango + spinach combo really help to perk you up while the healthy fats and protein from the pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts keep you feeling satiated.
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped mango, frozen
- 1-2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pumpkin seeds (pepita seeds)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds)
- optional: 1/2 scoop (approx. 30ml) vanilla protein powder + 1/4 cup (60ml) water
- In a blender (or large tumbler if you’re using an immersion blender) layer the spinach, banana, mango, pumpkin seeds, and hemp hearts. Add the almond milk and blend until the pumpkin seeds are really really smooth. This recipe makes 1 large smoothie (2 cups – 500ml).
Get the full recipe at: I Love Vegan
Coffee Breakfast Smoothie
This is the creamiest, most delicious healthy breakfast you can imagine. It’s loaded with dark chocolate flavor and powered with superfoods – raw cacao, chia seeds and oats. It’s also refined sugar-free, very nutritious and weight loss friendly. Perfect way to start the day!
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup black coffee chilled
- 1 very ripe banana frozen
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats *
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao
- 1 tablespoon date syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional : whipped full-fat coconut milk cream optional, raw cocoa beans
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until well combined. If necessary, add some more milk to get a smoothie desired consistency.
Get the full recipe at: Natalie’s Health
Pineapple Coconut Smoothies
Need a delicious poolside companion? Try this pineapple coconut smoothies recipe for a great flavor combination of fresh pineapple and coconut milk.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup vanilla (or coconut!) flavored yogurt
- 1 tbsp sweetened flaked coconut
- Blend all ingredients until smooth
- Serve with additional flaked coconut on top
Get the full recipe at: PBS