Coconut oil is high in fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are metabolized differently than most other fats and are responsible for a lot of the health benefits.
The coconut helps boost the exportation industry especially in the Philippines because of its versatility. A single coconut can be used and manufactured in various ways. One of the produce that comes from the coconut is the coconut oil.
The coconut oil is an edible oil that comes from the meat of a mature coconut –– you can eat the meat uncooked or you can use it in cooking or baking. It is also be used as an added ingredient in different products such as bathroom necessities, beauty commodities and food items.
Considered as of one of the ‘superfoods’, the coconut oil benefits and uses are simply amazing! Below are some of the many reasons why coconut oil is good for your body.
- Taking coconut oil orally 1-2 tbsp. a day can boost ones energy as well as stimulate the metabolism because of the medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) present in the coconut oil. By boosting your energy and metabolism, your body tends to burn more fats.
- Taken pure or incorporated in other food items, coconut oil is abundant in lauric acid, which helps support your body’s immune system. It can kill viruses, bacteria and other harmful microorganisms that may cause you to get sick or contract infections.
- Some studies concluded that the fatty acids in the coconut oil can be turned into ketone bodies –– can have powerful benefits for the brain––which help decrease seizures especially with epileptic children.
- Coconut oil is one of the most common ingredients in hair and skin products. This is due to the fact that coconut oil can protect and moisturize the hair and the skin. You may opt to use products that contain coconut oil or you can use coconut oil itself.
- Coconut oil when applied externally can speed up the process of healing of minor wounds and bruises.
- Gargling with coconut oil can eliminate bad bacteria in our mouths, improve our dental health and help avoid bad breath.
- Studies have revealed that with the continuous consumption of coconut oil, our cognitive functions improve.
- Coconut oil contains Vitamin E and K, and Iron.
Whichever way you use or take coconut oil, it is undeniable that it is good for our body. So what are you waiting for? Buy, as much as you can and try to incorporate this simple yet complex oil into your system ––not only will you feel good you’ll look good as well.