Once seen as a humble fruit, the coconut has evolved into something so much more. Because of its versatility a single coconut can be used and manufactured in various ways. It has been a good business entity in itself and has helped boost the exportation industry especially in the Philippines. One of the produce that comes from the coconut is the coconut oil. The coconut oil is edible oil that comes from the meat of a mature coconut that can be consumed as is or can be used in cooking or baking. It is also been made to be an added ingredient in different products such as bathroom necessities, beauty commodities and food items.
Amongst all the things the coconut oil can do for us, the best would be the benefits it brings to our bodies. To name some of the uses, you may read some of the many reasons why coconut oil is good for your body.
- Taking coconut oil orally 1-2 tbsp. a day can boost ones energy as well as stimulate the metabolism. The reason behind this is because of the medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) present in the coconut oil. By boosting your energy and metabolism your body tends to burn more fats, coconut oil also inhibits muscle growth that also helps fats to be digested faster which is advantageous especially for those who would like to loose weight.
- One way to lower your cholesterol is by taking coconut oil. Taken pure or incorporated in other food items, coconut oil is abundant in lauric acid.
- Another benefit that comes with lauric acid is it supports your body’s immune system. It can kill viruses, bacteria and other harmful microorganisms that may cause you to get sick or contract infections.
- It is said that the fatty acids in the coconut oil can be turned into ketone bodies which help decrease seizures especially with epileptic children.
- Coconut oil is one of the most common ingredients in hair and skin products. This is due to the fact that coconut oil can protect and moisturize the hair and the skin. You may opt to use products that contain coconut oil or you can use coconut oil itself.
- Coconut oil when applied externally can speed up the process of healing of minor wounds and bruises.
- Gargling with coconut oil can eliminate bad bacteria in our mouths, improve our dental health and help avoid bad breath.
- Studies have revealed that with the continuous consumption of coconut oil, our cognitive functions improve.
- Coconut oil contains both Vitamin E and Vitamin K. It also has Iron.
Whichever way you use or take coconut oil it is undeniable that it is good for our body. So what are you waiting for? Buy, as much as you can and try to incorporate this simple yet complex oil into your system not only will you feel good you’ll look good as well.